The modification kit 50% is an add-on for Coolride heating cartridges or grip heating systems.
There are 3 application scenarios:
- Modification of the 2-step toggle switch of Coolride Standard / Basic Grip Heating Systems from 25% / 100% to 50% / 100% power output.
- Use a general rocker or toggle switch with at least 6A load capacity and SPDT configuration.
- Conversion of the 2-step rocker switch of older BMW models for use with Coolride heating cartridges.
Only for use on motorcycles, trikes, quads etc. with 12V electrical system.
Modification of the Coolride Standard or Basic Systems
If you already own a Coolride system with a 2-step toggle switch or would like to purchase one, the 50% kit will increase the lower of the two power levels to 50%.
Perfect for all those who find 25% power to be not warm enough.
Use of a generally available rocker switch or toggle switch with Coolride heating cartridges
If you do not like the Coolride 2-step switch or if you already have an unused and technically suitable toggle or rocker switch on your machine, the modification kit will make it compatible with Coolride heating cartridges. By connecting it you will achieve a low power level with 50% heating power and a high level with 100% power.
Modification of older BMWs
With older BMW models, Coolride heating cartridges can replace the original heated grips and can be switched directly with the existing original toggle switch with the help of the 50% kit. Suitable among others for the following models, provided you have the switch shown for BMW heated grips. The heating output is then 50% or 100%.
BMWs model year 1985 and younger:
R65, R65RT, R80, R80RT, R100RS, R100RT
Paralever models of model year 1991 and younger
R80GS, R100GS, R80GS PD, R100GS PD, R80R, R100R, K100, K100/2, K100RS, K100RT, K100LT, K75, K75C, K75/2, K75S, K75RT, K1, K100RS 16V, K1100LT, K1100RS, R1100R, R850R
Scope of supply
- wire with power resistor, red
- ground wire, black
- 3 flat receptacles 6,3mm
- 3 insulating sleeves for 6,3mm flat receptacles