What is the Coolride grip heating system Comfort?
The grip heating System Comfort is based on a pair of Coolride heating cartridges that are built into the handlebars and specifically heat the grip area from inside. They are controlled with a powerful, 5-stage electronic power controller, which can be installed completely invisibly due to its small dimensions. It is operated via a discreet, waterproof LED push button made of anodized aluminum..
Comfort or Comfort Alpin?
The SPC-5 and SPC-5TC power controllers follow a puristic operating concept. Teay are identical in their basic functions. The SPC-5TC (Alpine) power controller also offers temperature compensation. A temperature sensor continuously registers changes of the ambient temperature, e.g. by drivingin the mountains or at changing weather conditions, and independently changes the heat output in 20 finely tuned levels. Treat yourself to optimal thermal comfort!
You can find the "Comfort Alpin" version here.
- Crash-proof and practically invisible
- strong 52 Watt heating power
- no wear & tear
- No interference by cables, as with heated grips or heated gloves
- Thereby no compromise of safety
- heating power adjustable in 5 levels
- High-quality FEP-insulated cables, cold-elastic down to -100°C / -148°F , heat-resistant up to 205°C / 400°F
- Monolithic construction without loose / vibration-sensitive parts
- Optimized thermal conductivity
Power Controller Features
- 5 selectable power levels
- Variable preheating phase (0-15 min at 100% power), can be terminated at any time
- Memory function saves the power level of the last ride
- Switch-on delay for battery-saving starting
- Shutdown in the event of a short circuit / excess temperature
- Display of errors by a flashing code in the control unit
- Automatic reset of the automatic fuse
- Integrated electronic load relay allows operation on modern motorcycles with electronic current monitoring
- Minimalist operation via handlebar button with integrated LED and aluminum housing
- Small, easy to install electronic box (just 37 x 26 x 5 mm)
- High-quality automotive cables and connectors in OEM quality
- Waterproof according to IP67 (except output connector)
- Reverse polarity protection
- Excellent EMC compatibility
- Easy installation and operation
Selecting the correct size & options
Choosing the size
Select the diameter of the heating cartridges so that they fit as tightly as possible into the handlebar. The order size is the inside diameter of the handlebar rounded to the nearest mm.
17.9 mm inner diameter = Order size 17 mm
17.0 mm inner diameter = Order size 17 mm
16.9 mm inner diameter = Order size 16 mm
For the attachment of handlebar end weights or hand protectors, the heating cartridges are equipped with an internal thread size M6 or M8 at the end.
Color & Size of the Display and Control Unit
The display and control unit (push button) is optionally available in black or natural colored aluminum. Both color variants are made of anodized aluminum. The unit is available in two sizes for metric and imperial size handlebars. Choose metric for handlebars with 22.23mm outer diameter or imperial for handlebars with 25.40 mm /1 inch outer diameter.
Scope of supply
- 2 heating cartdidges (90 mm long, à 26 Watt = 52 Watt total heating power) with FEP-insolated wires (each 120 cm long)
- 1 power controlelr SPC-5 with 6A load capacity (= 72W at 12V)
- 1 waterproof display & control unit for handlebar mounting, made of anodized aluminum, color selectable
- 6 fitted isolating spacer discs
- 1 rubber grommet
- 4 bullet style connectors with insulating sleeves
- 1 package Coolride special 2-component adhesive, heat-resistant
- 1 installation instruction for heating cartridges
- 1 installation instruction for power controllers SPC-5 & SPC-5TC
Manual for Power Controller SPC-5 & SPC-5TC
Installation Manual Heating Cartridges (German)
Installation Manual Heating Cartridges (English)
Posi-Tap Manual (German)