1 set of heating cartridges for motorcycle steering handle bar incl. electronic power control unit.
We have constructed a set of heating cartridges which are mounted inside a motorcycle's steering handle bar.
The grip heating Deluxe comes with one of our electronic power control units. This may either be the PCU-5 with 5 step power control, single button operation and an elegant bargraph display. Or, even better, the PCU-5TC, wich additionally features an automatic temperature compensation. This power control unit detects changing air temperatures and adjusts the power level accordingly. Very comfortable during e.g. pass rides. Please see the detailed descriptions of our power control units here in the web shop under "accesories" category.
This superior heating system offers the following advantages:
- Invisible installation
- Crash proof
- Completely free of wear
- No messy cables, different from heated gloves or hot grips
- No negative safety impac
- Electronic power control Reliable & permanent (5 years warranty)
- Highly flexible FEP cables, withstands temperatures from -50°C to +205°C, 120cm long
- Monolithic design, vibration proof
- Rock solid cast material with optimised thermal conductivity
Fits on almost all motorcycles. Before purchasing: Please read the installation instruction and our FAQ site! Please check if installation is possible at your specific motorcycle! Things like welded-in weight bars, guiding pins or other stuff that blocks the space inside the steering handlebar tube has to be removed before the cartridges can be glued in.
We offer all technically feasible sizes. If you need something beyond our standard portfolio or special advise, please do not hesitate to contact us!
The whole grip heating system is hand-made in Solingen, home of world famous cutlery.
The most common questions are answered in our FAQ section. We are also happy to help by e-mail or phone!
Scope of Delivery
- 2 heating cartridges 90 mm long, 26 Watt each = 52 Watt system power
- Power cords made from cold flexible and heat resistant FEP, 120cm each
- 1 power control unit of choice
- 6 fitted isolating spacer discs
- 1 rubber grommet
- 4 complete bullet style connectors with insulation sleeves
- 1 package 2-component adhesive, heat-resistant
- 1 installation instruction for heating cartridges
- 1 installation instruction for power control unit
About the Options
Size: select the diameter of the heating cartridges to ensure a snug fit in the steering handle bar. The size you need to order is the inner diameter of your motorcycles steering handle bar rounded down to full mm. Examples:
- 17,9mm inner diameter = order size 17mm.
- 17,0mm inner diameter = order size 17mm.
- 16,9mm inner diameter = order size 16mm.
Installation preparation: To mount handle bar end weights or hand guards the heating cartridges feature a M6 or M8 thread.
Power control unit: Select the power control unit of your choice. Available are PCU-5 (5 steps) or PCU-5TC. This power control unit features also 5 steps plus an atomatic temperature compensatuion, that re-adjusts the power level in 10 steps when the air temperature changes during your ride.This power control unit detects changing air temperatures and adjusts the power level accordingly. Very comfortable during e.g. pass rides. Please see the detailed descriptions of our power control units here in the web shop.
Control device: For all of our power control units you may select between a waterproof (IP67) push button for panel mounting. This requires a 12mm bore hole in the motorcycle's fairing, cockpit or a holder (not included) made from sheet metal.
For naked bikes we recommend our Holder Kit, with which the pushbutton can be attached to the mirror terminal or cluth lever.
As an alternative the power control unit can be ordered with a touch sensor, that is mounted unter the motorcycles plastic fairing. This makes the control device invisible. A more clean installation is just not possible. The touch sensor recognises the presence of your hand, even with thick winter gloves.