This product consists only of the heating cartridges as a spare part for our grip heatings type Standard and Deluxe or for an installtion with a third-party switch.
Heat resistant adhesive is included.
- Replacement of the original Coolride heating cartridges, e.g. when changing handlebars
- Installation on a KTM with on-board computer and heated grip control
- Installation on older BMW models (from 1985) with original BMW heated grip switch (you will also need the modification kit 50%)
- Use of another compatible switch instead of the Coolride 2-step switch (you will also need the 50% modification kit)
Coolride heated grips on a KTM
Owners of a KTM with an on-board computer and preparation for original KTM heated grips only require this product. The on-board computer can be used to control the heating cartridges. Suitable for retrofitting or as a replacement for the KTM heated grips. Suitable for the large KTM V2 models like Adventure and Super Duke. As always, please determine the inside diameter of the handlebars carefully and choose the appropriate size of heating cartridges. See also our FAQ.
Use the included bullet style connectors for connecting the cartridges to the already existing Coolride installation on your motorcylce. For more information refer to the included manual.
Scope of supply
- 2 heating cartridges, 26W each = 52W total power, 90mm long
- Power cable made from heat and cold proof FEP, 120cm long
- 6 fitted insulated spacer discs
- 1 grommet made from rubber
- 4 complete bullet style connector sets incl. insulating sleeves
- 1 portion pack 2-component adhesive
- 1 installation instruction with wiring diagram
To increase the lower power level of the grip heating system from 25% to 50% power, you can use the Coolride modification kit 50%. The modification kit can be connected to an existing system at any time.
With the modification kit it is also possible to use other toggle and rocker switches than the one supplied. It is also possible to use switches that already exist on the vehicle, e.g. to use the original BMW hot grip switch, provided that it meets the technical requirements. Information on this can be found in the modification kit's Manual.