5-step, digital power control unit for our grip heating systems and other warming equipment.
Puristic control concept, a single button activates the device and alters power levels. Power level indicated by button-integrated LED. The power control unit works with all common hot grips.
This unique product represents our complete Know-How in the field of electric warming equipment for motorcycles. We have managed to transfer the philosophy without compromise of our heating cartridges on electronic power controllers, too. Designed & manufactured by company Coolride GmbH from Solingen.
Power Controller Features
- 5 selectable power levels
- Variable preheating phase (0-15 min at 100% power), can be terminated at any time
- Memory function saves the power level of the last ride
- Switch-on delay for battery-saving starting
- Shutdown in the event of a short circuit / excess temperature
- Display of errors by a flashing code in the control unit
- Automatic reset of the automatic fuse
- Integrated electronic load relay allows operation on modern motorcycles with electronic current monitoring
- Minimalist operation via handlebar button with integrated LED and aluminum housing
- Small, easy to install electronic box (just 37 x 26 x 5 mm)
- High-quality automotive cables and connectors in OEM quality
- Waterproof according to IP67 (except output connector)
- Reverse polarity protection
- Excellent EMC compatibility
- Easy installation and operation
- 5 year warranty according to our warranty conditions
Selecting the Options
The display and control unit (push button) is optionally available in black or natural colored aluminum. Both color variants are made of anodized aluminum. The unit is available in two sizes for metric and imperial size handlebars. Choose metric for handlebars with 22.23mm outer diameter or imperial for handlebars with 25.40 mm /1 inch outer diameter.
Scope of supply
- power controller SPC-5 with 6A load capacity (= 72W at 12V)
- waterproof display & control unit for handlebar mounting, made of anodized aluminum, color & size selectable
- installation material
- installation instruction for power controllers SPC-5 & SPC-5TC