5-step, digital power control unit with temperature compensation for our grip heating systems and other warming equipment. NO push button included!
Automatic temperature compensation: The temperature compensation feature responds to changing air temperatures. This ensures a constant warmth comfort during e.g. pass rides. When air temperature drops, power level increases automatically. If the temperature rises again, power level decreases accordingly. You can monitor this automatic behavior via the bargraph display. However, you still need to select the basic power level that matches your need. The electronic can't know how quickly you start freezing or if you wear thin or well insulated gloves. But it compensates temperature changes during your ride and doing so reduces the need for manual control of the power level greatly. The automatic temperature compensation adjusts the power level in 20 steps.
Puristic control concept, a single button activates the device and alters power levels. Power level indicated by button-integrated LED. The power control unit works with all common hot grips.
This unique product represents our complete Know-How in the field of electric warming equipment for motorcycles. We have managed to transfer the philosophy without compromise of our heating cartridges on electronic power controllers, too. Designed & manufactured by company Coolride GmbH from Solingen.
Power Controller Features
- 5 selectable power levels
- Variable preheating phase (0-15 min at 100% power), can be terminated at any time
- Memory function saves the power level of the last ride
- Switch-on delay for battery-saving starting
- Shutdown in the event of a short circuit / excess temperature
- Display of errors by a flashing code in the control unit
- Automatic reset of the automatic fuse
- Integrated electronic load relay allows operation on modern motorcycles with electronic current monitoring
- Minimalist operation via handlebar button with integrated LED and aluminum housing
- Small, easy to install electronic box (just 37 x 26 x 5 mm)
- High-quality automotive cables and connectors in OEM quality
- Waterproof according to IP67 (except output connector)
- Reverse polarity protection
- Excellent EMC compatibility
- Easy installation and operation
- 5 year warranty according to our warranty conditions
Scope of supply
- power controlelr SPC-5TC with 6A load capacity (= 72W at 12V)
- installation material
- installation instruction for power controllers SPC-5 & SPC-5TC